Admin of managed-app (for example the app that integrate Shopify with Content Glass ) can move widgets to public layers when creating layers on one own website. It is possible to set one of two public layers:
1. Page Public: Widget will be available publicly in the scope of specific web page (specific URL)
2. Domain Public: Widget will be available publicly in the scope of specific domain.
3. TLD Public: Widget will be available publicly in the scope of entire top level domain, assuming the same application type and the same API key is used for multiple installations.
* TLD is not suitable for Shopify store on which each store get its own api key.
When widget is set on public layer is shared with all the visitors of a page or domain. This is the reason that only website owner is grated with the credentials to share widgets publicly.
The credentials for setting public widgets is specific to the match between login user account and domain. This is how it works:
1. When managed app is installed, and account is created respectively to the domain on which Content Glass app is installed. For example when adding the Content Glass Shopify app an account is created for the Shopify domain.
2. To create public widget store admin uses the CB-Button installed on the store front.
3. The first step is going to social-accounts view and login to "Content Glass" social account with the account assigned upon installing the app. See the image below:
4. The system detect that the login user is associate with the specific Shopify domain and give user credentials to move widgets to public layer.
5. Store admin create one of the available widgets.This is either one of the pre-defined widgets, ro a custom widget created for the specific store by developer (We are providing too providing development service for creating dedicated widgets) .
6. The last step is when creating a widget, to use the "Layer" menu of the widget to move the widget to one of available public layers. See the image below: