Glass patterns are distinguished by context related with CG widgets, and by way of distinguishing context identifiers for which CG widgets can be related. CG API allows the creation of custom Glass for some specific conditions.
When reading this article put in mind the following terms:
- Context - some object, either virtual or physical which is used as a context for setting a Glass and sharing or serving Content Glass widgets. The context is represented to the CG software by means of Glass Type
- State identifier - some code, sign, representation of for a well defined state of the context object. The Widgets are set in relation with object state (Remember: State Oriented Sharing) and are also viewed or function in relation with object state. The state of an object is represented to the CG software be means of Glass Id.
- Glass - A software that provide the means for serving content in relation with Object state.
- Widgets - the information units shared and/or served and/or function by some Glass
- Start condinions: Used to describe the condition that start a Glass lifecycle of loading widgets and present to user.
The following description and the schematic block diagram do not describe all types of Glasses but only some of the general types:
Read the links below to read more about each general type. After that you can visit the examples section to get an inspiration for possible applications related with each glass types.